As you can see from the picture on the left, by Day 17 I was already at 18,376 words. That’s 1,376 words ahead of schedule, so I gave myself the day off on day 18.
I am surprised at how easy I’ve been finding this so far. It took me a whole year of procrastination to get round to writing this book, and now that I’ve got the ball rolling, I don’t know what took me so long.
Admittedly, the plan I wrote for this book looks nothing like the story I’ve written so far, but I’m not too fussed. The plan was rubbish, and not nearly as detailed as it should have been. I always knew how the book would begin, and how it was going to end, I just wasn’t sure about the bit in between. Still not…
However, my two one line bullet points for the beginning of the book in the plan, have turned into 18,000 words. I’m not going to complain about that, because I feel that those 18,000 words hold a lot of action and revelations. I’m quite proud of what I’ve managed to write so far!
When I go onto a second draft, I’m definitely going to have to read my first two books through again. There’s a small chance I’ve changed a few bits of information, and I have a really bad feeling I’ve written in a back-story for one of my characters that I wrote already in book 2! I know I shouldn’t forget these things, but I’m a little rubbish like that…
Hopefully I can hit my 1,000 word target for the next 31 days, and have this book written by the middle of Feb.
If you want to catch up on the first two books in my trilogy in the meantime, you can find links to them here.
Until the next time,
Follow me on social media, to keep up to date with everything I do: