It’s that time of year again when I let you know which films and concerts I went to see in 2016. Towards the end of this year, I signed up to Cineworld’s Unlimited Card, which means I pay a monthly fee, and I can see as many films as I want per month! I’m hoping that next years list will be ten times longer than this one.
Here’s my list:
- The Jungle Book
- Busted: Pigs Can Fly
- X-Men: Apocalypse
- Me Before You
- Alice Through the Looking Glass
- The BFG
- Finding Dory
- Bad Moms
- The Magnificent Seven (x2)
- Deepwater Horizon
- The Girl on the Train
- Jack Reacher: Never Look Back
- Doctor Strange
- The Accountant
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: Extended Editions (All Nighter)
It’s so hard to choose my favourite out of all of these, but I did go to see The Magnificent Seven twice, so that’s got to be my favourite. I just loved that film, and I can’t wait for it to come out on DVD.
Busted was also one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. I never got to see Busted back in the day, so getting to see them this year was like going back to my childhood. If I could do it all over again, I would.
Least favourite… probably The Girl on the Train. I think it was hyped up too much, so I was really quite disappointed when I watched it. There wasn’t as much suspense as I was expecting, and I figured out the ending which is always slightly annoying in a thriller.
Going to see the Lord of the Rings Trilogy all in one night was an aweseome experience too. Very tiring, but awesome. Here’s a picture of the schedule. These events are always on, so if you’d like to take part, here’s the website.
I’ve got tickets to see Shawn Mendes in June, and I’m so excited for that. That’ll be on this list in a year’s time.
My goals for 2016 were:
- Finish writing and publish ‘Mourning Memories’ (Achieved)
- Save up a £10,000 deposit for a mortgage (wish me luck with that one!)
(I got close, but not quite close enough)
- Go out and socialise a bit more (I joined a drama group, and have made some amazing friends)
- Dress more like a girl (you’ll see what I mean soon haha!)
(I no longer wear jeans and baggy t-shirts. I wear dresses and skirts, when it’s not too cold!)
I think it’s safe to say I accomplished the majority of my goals for 2016. Here are my goals for 2017:
- Find a part-time job to further support my photography career. (You can find my new photograpy website here)
- Finish paying for my car
- Publish book 3 in the Liliana trilogy
- Write a full length play, or at least start writing one
- Find love (I know, it’s cheesy… but it would be nice)